Grey County Transportation Master Plan
The County of Grey is undertaking a Transportation Master Plan (TMP). The TMP is a strategic plan that will direct policies and infrastructure initiatives for the County’s transportation system over the next 25 years. The objectives of the study are to address short, medium and long-term transportation needs of Grey County.
- Goal #1: Create a vision for all modes of transportation in the County of Grey, with a particular focus on encouraging active transportation options (cycling, walking/running).
- Goal #2: Identify Transportation network constraints and opportunities, as well as required infrastructure improvements/expansions to ensure the continued safe and efficient movement of people and goods to the year 2036.
- Goal #3: Ensure that the Transportation Master Plan is fully aligned with the County’s vision and goals identified in the County Corporate Strategic Plan and other County plans/strategies.
- Goal #4: Establish solutions reflective of the present economic climate and future conditions.
- Goal #5: Coordinate and establish partnerships with public and private agencies.
Two Technical Papers pertain directly to some of the issues the Bruce Grey Poverty Task Force are engaged in discussions at our Transportation Action Group.