On Monday, October 18, Grey County and Bruce County are working with community partners to conduct a one-day survey for individuals experiencing homelessness. Everyone counts. They want to hear from those who are sleeping on the street, couch surfing, or temporarily housed.
This review will be a point-in-time count that provides a snapshot of the number of people experiencing homelessness in both Counties. The information provided will help both Counties better understand the current scope of homelessness in the area and data will be used to inform future decisions around needed supports and services.
- Organizations/agencies/community members are asked for their help in directing people to various hub sites where staff and volunteers will be able to meet with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Anyone experiencing homelessness is asked to complete the survey.
- Information collected will remain anonymous.
- The enumeration will collect demographic information using a set of standard questions.The same survey is being used by both Counties.
- All participants will receive a gift card as thanks for supporting the survey.
- Volunteers will be available to answer questions and help connect people with available supports.
- The survey can also be completed by phone by calling 516-376-5744.
- For more information about the housing and homelessness survey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Stay well, Jill