A shout out to everyone that has stepped up to work the vaccination centres today that are continuing!! And for those continuing to work the frontlines. I am truly inspired by everyone!!
What has changed? What is still on-going?
- Please remember to update 211 with any significant changes.
While most social services are already working remotely under the Provincial Stay-At-Home orders below are a few updates from various partners.
- The SOAHAC vaccine clinic scheduled for Friday, held at Bayshore, will proceed as planned. However, if people are symptomatic, they will need to cancel their appointment. If they have any questions or concerns please call SOAHAC at 519-376-5508.
- Aged-based public vaccination clinics will be closed on Saturday but targeted vulnerable clinics are still going on.
- OSHaRE will be open today from 11:30-1 and 4:30-6 for those in our community who need meals. They will be putting extra precautions in place for at least the next 48 hours including handing out meals outside so that guests don’t have to enter the building (less contact surfaces) and decreasing the number of volunteers in the building. OSHaRE office will be closed so they can focus all their efforts on getting meals ready.
- Meal2Motels will be delivered as long as OSHaRE is producing meals. The United Way have a skeleton crew working for the next 48 hrs and all other staff are working remotely.
- Saugeen First Nation has closed all non-essential offices for the next two days. Housing and health supports are down to a skeleton crew. No new intakes and reduced supports are available.
- Indigenous Housing Support program: staff will be remaining at home and abiding by Public Health directives. Following a return to our regular-stay-at-home order staff will continue to work remotely but can deliver items of need such as donations, hygiene products, good food boxes, groceries, etc to direct service users via curbside drop-offs. Contact Rachel for emergencies @ 226-568-5242.
- Attached is the Grey Bruce Community Housing List of Services under lockdown conditions. Please let me know of any changes/updates that I might have missed.
- Targeted emergency child care for school-aged children of first responders, health care professionals, and other eligible workers will remain available through Bruce County and Grey County.
- Grey County has closed all forests and trails for 48 hours.
- While all Grey County-owned public spaces are closed until Saturday, all services will continue to be offered remotely via email or by calling 1‑800‑567‑4739.
- While Bruce County offices remain closed to the public, they continue to provide services to all clients via email or by calling 1-800-265-3005.
Please let us know if there are updates we can share out!
Stay well, Jill